Before I began using essential oils, I had a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. Lavender was helpful, but not quite enough for me. Through experimentation, I found two blends that have been absolutely amazing at helping me fall (and stay) asleep at night. I like to alternate between doTERRA’s Balance, and the following blend:
What You Need:
- One 5ml roller bottle or empty dropper bottle
- 15 drops doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops doTERRA Vetiver Essential Oil
- 7 drops doTERRA Marjoram Essential Oil
- optional – 5 drops doTERRA Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Will “sweeten” blend and add more stress relief)
- doTERRA Fractionated coconut oil
Add essential oils to bottle, and fill the rest of the way with fractionated coconut oil. That’s it! Super easy!
How to Use:
Just before bed: Rub 2-3 drops of blend on the bottoms of feet or back of the neck. If using on the back of the neck, focus on high tension areas. You may even want to gently massage a drop onto ear lobes.
For a bath: Add 4 or 5 drops of blend to ½ cup Epsom salts for a soothing, nightly bath. The magnesium in the Epsom salts will help draw out toxins, relax muscles and reduce stress for even greater benefits!